Feb 12, 2013

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

So, I'm totally swamped with coursework and studying for tests and typical junk, and like the good student I am, I find myself reminiscing about Kingdom Hearts. So, why not make a post about one of my all time favorite series!


Kingdom Hearts 
has a very special place in my heart (hehe, see what I did there?). 
However, unlike the typical way of playing any major series of games (in order), 
I played them in an unusual order, 
to say the least.


I was first introduced                                 to the series when my 
sister begged and pleaded with my                 father to buy her Kingdom Hearts: 
Chain of Memories as well as the latest Game Boy Advance SP (in a classy red). 
After she had gotten the game and spent countless hours (like 30) 
beating it, she, after more tantrums than 
I am willing to admit, let 
me play
 it.


I started it up and was instantly                                    amazed by it, the card system 
was so intriguing to me at the time and                    the general story line was pretty rad 
(though I was young, I actually read the dial                ogue). After finally beating the game and 
Marluxia and his freaking flower ro           bot thing, I was overwhelmed with 
happiness and sadness that the   game was over. But, hold up, 
what's this? YOU CAN PLAY AS RIKU!! You may not 
know this but Riku is one of my favorite characters of 
all time. Hell, I even use Riku as the prefix 
to most (read: all) of my usernames 
online. Playing through the story 
line as Riku was just as 
fun playing it as 
Sora. 
 

Now, I don't remember                                                         much from the game save 
for the stuff mentioned above. You may                          be wondering why I'm writing about a 
game that is nearly 8 years old, well, I ju          st so happened to stumble upon the game. 
I blew into the bottom of it and was o      bviously greeted with dust in my face 
and fired up the old GBA:SP an d started one of the saved games. 
I, slowly remembering how the card system worked, lost my 
first battle against some high leveled Heartless and 
explored a bit before deciding it was time 
to act like an actual good 
student and finish my 
report. 

This game will forever be remembered as the game that started it all. It made me appreciate the dedication that any group of individuals put into making a truly amazing game that players would actually enjoy (and make a lot of money off of it). And it also introduced me to one of my favorite series of all time.

Well, that's it for now, I'll probably be making some posts about KH1 and KH2 in the near, distant future!
http://images.wikia.com/disney/images/b/b2/Marluxia_(Second_Form)_KHRECOM.png
Marluxia and his "flower robot thing"
 I hope you guys aren't too mad about the whole formatting thing (or totally OCDed at the fact that the hearts are not symmetric), if you are, remember two things: It took me forever to do it and, the most important thing, this here blog is MY blog! 
Ha, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment